What Is Personal Power?
Power is the ability to influence or change an outcome.
Personal power is a source of influence and authority a person has over his or her followers.
Where does a person get this power from?
In short, the power is determined by his or her followers.
There are different types of power a person can hold.
Types of personal power
- Personal power in leadership
- Power and authority in leadership
How can positional power influence personal power?
Types of power exercised by leaders
- Expert power in leadership
- Sources of power leadership
- Personal sources of power
When something’s personal, it’s all about you.
A personal decision is one you make on your own and it’s probably about something that concerns you, too. Your personal possessions are things that belong to you.
No doubt you’ve noticed the word person, in “personal”.
The word comes from the Latin personalis, “of a person.” Personal can be your personal habits
- How often you brush your teeth, whether you like broccoli
- Or your personal space, or a personal attack
- Mean-spirited criticism aimed at somebody in particular.
The “Personals” section of your local newspaper is where people place ads hoping to find true love or with other personal messages.
Education + Action + Speed + Leverage
Leverage: The action of a lever or the mechanical advantage gained by it; power, effectiveness.